Under specific direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings to owners, primarily at the Director level. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise. Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with target and managed accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Positions renewable service agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes the sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilize sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity at accounts. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings within an account.
With direction from the supervising manager, sells the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at the D-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing building to allow the building owner to achieve business objectives. Manages ongoing, opportunities particularly focusing on selling services and retrofits. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Keeps manager informed of sales progress and changes in the marketplace. Develops and maintains a network of contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes. Shares technical knowledge plus operations expertise (when to maintain, when to replace) with the customer.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
- Positively and credibly influences service strategies with owners. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Verifies each new proposal with supervising manager prior to presenting it to the customer. With support from the supervising manager negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (SMIS, Account Management, Account Plan and TAS) to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in SMIS with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops relationship with Systems and Solutions sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls product and service offerings. Participates in final project inspection with the supervising manager.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Attends and presents at trade show. Participates in professional organizations.
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required. A minimum of six (6) years of progressive field sales experience. At least one year successfully selling HVAC or building automation system service or projects. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to influence account decision makers at key levels.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.