Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Account Executive, Public Sector Accounts (Denver, CO)
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success. Team members can expect from Dell continuous learning/training to aid in your success. Top performers can expect to earn opportunities for career advancement or lateral job changes that will continue to invigorate and develop you.
Dell has a dynamic career opportunity in our Outside Sales-Public Sector department. Dell's Public Sector manages over $1B in Revenue annually and supports Dell's Government, Education and Healthcare customers This territory supports Accounts in Colorado. Dell currently holds a sizeable National Contracts in this territory and has an existing customer base. The territory would require management of the customers' current agreements, new customer acquisition, and an opportunity to grow and expand the products and solutions sold within our current customer base as well as build new customer and vendor relationships with Dell.Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for growing business with existing Dell customers
- Demonstrate leadership building and managing teams in support of customer opportunities
- Proactively positions a positive business outcome to the customer's current business problem
- Drive and execute market and account management activities, qualifying and developing sales opportunities, leading an account team and leveraging specialty resources and partners
- Drives vertical expertise within the segment and facilitates feedback to the product group and business operations on customer requirements.
- Penetrate addressable whitespace in existing accounts
- Engage strategic channel partners for resources, fulfillment, and account management
- 8+ years of related experience in a relationship selling role with 4+ years in a field sales capacity with a Bachelor's degree
- Support and Grow customer base in assigned territory
- Provide consultation to customers regarding their IT solutions needs.
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
- Proactively work with and contact customers and prospects to build Dell's market share in all accounts within designated territory.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Make up to 10 field calls per week to present Dell's value proposition to existing and potential clients
- Achieve sales goals for revenue and GM
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge
- Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate and develop demand for Dell managed services including onsite installation services, disposal services, etc.
- Attend product training as required
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. Dell
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R22713
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.