Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Virtustream , a Dell Technologies Business, is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company's infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto; Atlanta; Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
As a Virtustream Sales Executive you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly targets. Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and execute key sales and business development initiatives to increase sales pipeline
- Drive market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
- Meet or exceed quarterly targets.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Virtustream offerings
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel
- Ideal candidates will have experience selling Managed Services, Consulting Services, Storage Cloud or similar solutions tied to enterprise application management and hosting
- 7+ years significant industry knowledge and experience
- SAP HANA experience is a plus.
- Expert in Cloud Computing, Professional and Managed Services, and/or IT Solutions practice area. Be conversant in Global Service related topics, methodologies, industry trends, and core technologies.
- Must show demonstrable experience in developing C-level relationships : demonstrate business acumen in presenting solutions on an ROI basis, strategies, successful penetration of new accounts, and building successful client relationships across an entire spectrum of buyers, influencers and C-Level decision makers across a broad spectrum of solutions.
- Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiations skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business representatives. Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and execute upon agreed strategy
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
- Extensive customer network and expert level hunting skill
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding quota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R19468
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.