GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this strategic account executive sales position, you will establish a trusted advisor relationship with our external customers to drive outcomes for the customer. You will collaborate with GE Transportation and broader GE Digital sales teams, software development teams and product management teams to engage with key customers to sell GE Transportation's Software & Solutions suite of Train Performance, Optimization, and Customer Performance Analytic Solutions.
You will be a strong voice for our customers to drive NEW customer growth in this segment. You will analyze the customer's current situation and define the desired business outcomes that will allow you to determine the best way to make them successful. You will also engage with key ecosystem partners to ensure the richest sets of capabilities are brought to our customers.
In addition, you will:
• Develop account strategy framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level supported by a business case and roadmap tailored for the customer, which could be a combination of GE and customer solutions.
• Provide account growth vision, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape of our industrial platform.
• Be the Software & Solutions (including Predix and Industrial Internet) commercial champion and customer advocate and evangelist to customer and internal GE Sales teams.
• Drive key customer facing account meetings in conjunction with the commercial teams. Build link to Outcome selling model to ensure integration in our GTM messaging, assessments, RFP's and proposals.
• Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying industrial internet offerings, which could include partner offerings in concert with other GE Products & Service.
• Team with Sales to develop a sales/engagement strategy at specific customers that efficiently identifies valued customer outcomes, qualifies a sales opportunity, then identifies and demonstrates the value and fit of GE Transportation Solutions to achieve the company's sales goals.
• Provide fundamental industry/customer knowledge to the processes of understanding client challenges, validating needs, and outcome discovery.
• Create a 'trusted advisor' relationship with our customer's technologists and internal technical, product, and commercial teammates.
• Engage with customers to understand their current IT environment and help shape the future state vision.
• Play a role in mentoring execution and providing continuing input to product/solution strategy.
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic account growth initiatives with key stakeholders (customers, partners and GE teammates)
• Be part of a sales team that meets and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Identify and remove technical obstacles that could prevent a sale
• Deliver solution demonstrations that focus on the customer's desired outcomes
• Bachelor's Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5+ years' work experience in Supply Chain or Logistics Software sales or a combination of Supply Chain / Logistics sales experience and other Software sales experience.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
• Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time.
• High Level of familiarity with Transportation Management Systems.
• Experience in one or more industrial or commodities markets such as Oil and Gas, Mining, Aggregates, Metals, Chemicals, Forest Products, or with 3PLs serving these markets.
• Significant expertise in developing, selling, and delivering SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success.
• Previous Pre-sales technical, advisory, or consulting experience.
• Deep understanding of TMS platforms, supply chain, logistics, and Enterprise level IT.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels.
• Master's degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for result.
• Demonstrated strong business acumen, problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends, go beyond the status quo.
• Understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand.
• Demonstrated commercial acumen, including strong written, verbal & presentation skills.
Locations: United States ; Florida; Jacksonville, Tulsa, Houston, Denver
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.