We're looking for a dynamic sales executive with 5 or more years of executive level sales experience, preferably in a third party logistics selling environment .
If you meet this qualification and are interested in a sales opportunity that provides strong earnings potential and allows you to play an impactful role on a recognized award winning team, Penske Logistics may be the right company for you!
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for successfully executing the sales process to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with the new and existing customers within a designated geographic territory. Strategic Account Executives will embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all of their sales pursuits. This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with their respective Vice President of Sales/Director of Sales. Major Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that will meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities within a regional market.
- Responsible to extend or renew existing contracts before or upon contract expiration, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations, new industries, or additional products and services.
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and structured prospecting regimen.
- Pursue a balanced portfolio of Penske Logistics products and services as determined by the regional business plan; evaluate each growth opportunity against current service line expertise and plans for future focus.
- Capitalize on Penske Logistics current market sector knowledge and participate in efforts to diversify into strategic verticals.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer's business model, collaborate with the Product Line Manager to identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilizing Penske Logistics products and services that translate into closed contracted business deals.
- Take the lead in negotiation and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections/concerns from the customer; represent customer's position during the negotiation process to key members of the Penske Logistics negotiation team.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and their unique challenges to growth or competitiveness.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with existing customers by establishing a consistent communication plan with key stakeholders, including regular and timely reviews.
Internal Business Partnerships:
- Lead the sales process by involving the Product Line Manager and General Manager/Area Vice President at various stages according to the Penske Logistics deal process.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Penske Truck Leasing and inside Penske Logistics organizations; utilize influence and persuasion skills to ensure that deals receive appropriate internal approvals.
- Participate in, play a leadership role within, account management teams, working closely within Operations, Product, Engineering, IT, and Finance participants.
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce.com) tool.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress/status of deals to senior leadership.
- Five or more years of executive level sales experience in a sales support role with executive level exposure to customers, preferably in a third party logistics selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating/presenting multiple products and services to C-level executives both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge or experience in two or more of the following areas: Operations, Distribution Management, Dedicated Fleet, and/or Transportation Management.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers on all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects /work streams.
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of computer software programs including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Sales CRM.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske utilizes a Competency Model to help associates align their behaviors with Penske's culture and values. The following competencies and functional expertise are required for all Strategic Account Executives:
Core Competencies: Leadership Competencies:
Focus on customers Develop others
Take responsibility Build teams
Communicate effectively Promote high standards
Behave ethically Demonstrate leadership
Work Efficiently Champion ideas
Drive process improvements
Foster diversity and inclusion Required Functional Expertise:
Penske Logistics Sales Cycle - Ability to successfully execute the sales process from beginning to end to generate revenue growth for Penske Logistics. The following skills are associated with successfully executing the sales process:
- Strong Goal Clarity
- High Achievement Drive
- Healthy Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent Social Skills
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.