Come grow with us as an Account Executive - Education for the Kellogg Company. In this role, you're the face of Kellogg, and responsible for engaging in selling actives and strategies at the largest education operators within the defined geography. The complex account base includes our top accounts in: K-12, C&U, Daycare, and Camps. As an integral part of the Kellogg Sales team, you'll create sales solutions driven by consumer insights to maximize and maintain our growth strategy for your accounts-all while building your expertise and network. Reporting to the Region Manager - Education, you'll work with the Field Sales Team including Sales Execution, Business Development Managers and Category Managers. Together, you'll influence customer purchasing to meet revenue goals while advancing your career with a company who cares about your success. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Account Executive - Education at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Making strategic decisions, considering immediate and long-term implications, benefits and costs, and risks associated with alternatives, to create, implement and monitor the success of a business plan for the top 100-300 accounts
- Leading sales efforts and promoting a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements and expectations
- Managing projects effectively by soliciting internal feedback and suggestions when making decisions or solving problems
- Initiating and managing operator trade agreements to ensure best ROI and category margin improvement
- Driving sales through product placement, mix, and consumption activities
- Ensuring accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial data and statistics including operating and administrative budgets, to ensure compliance with organizational and regulatory standards and requirements
- Maintaining records and reports necessary to comply with company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes
As a 'people person' with a passion for sales and strategy, to be considered for this position you also need to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Significant related selling experience
- Ability to develop, present, and execute customer plans with a focus on customer communication and account penetration
- Ability to understand market dynamics, forecast results, and analyze and interpret data
- Strong understanding of trade strategy, and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor's degree
- Successful Foodservice field-based sales and account management experience (independent districts, contract management, and cooperative buying organizations)
- Experience calling on top tier National Education Accounts
- Understanding of USDA Child Nutrition Regulations and Meal Pattern Requirements
- The ideal candidate will reside in the Philadelphia, PA area and work from their home-based office when not on customer calls.
- This position serves customers in the following geographic locations: Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- A flexible work schedule and the ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Auto Reimbursement Program.
- The Auto Reimbursement Program offers a flexible plan that allows you to use your personal vehicle with compliant insurance requirement, and is tax-free for employees driving over 5,000 business miles annually.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.