Do you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision? Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 17,000 associates that recognizes the power of being a Fortune 500 company and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-
class Company, and one that cares about its employees, join our talent network today!
To increase profitable sales of industrial, specialty and medical gases and related equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for a sales leader with experience in the compressed gas industry and proven track record in sales growth.
Candidates who meet the below minimum qualifications will be considered for this position.
High school or GED equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred Experience:
Minimum of one (1) industry related sales experience required, three (3) years preferred Certificates/ Licenses:
Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required
by the Company Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To use tools, routinely lift and/or move between 25 and 75 lbs., reach and perform various physical maneuvers to meet the essential function of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk to and hear customers.
- The associate frequently is required to sit while traveling from sales call to sales call and while conducting administrative and sales duties.
- The associate is frequently required to stand while servicing a customer; walk while demonstrating a product; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Represents the company's various product lines to new prospects and existing customers by demonstrating products and services, and by explaining the features of each company product and service. Emphasizes benefits of Airgas products and services to potential customers and matches customers' needs with the appropriate products.
- Develops and maintains sales relationships with assigned accounts within a territory. Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information. Increases sales and margin profit through penetration to assigned accounts and by closing new accounts.
- Acts as liaison between customer and company regarding pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries of any kind.
- Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential, pricing, and develops a strategy to meet sales targets. Prepares and analyzes sales reports to identify cause and effect relationships due to price increases, strategy initiatives, current market conditions, and other factors.
- Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Estimates delivery date to customer based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Maintains current product knowledge through participation in company-sponsored training, as well as involvement with outside trade organizations and governmental agencies.
- Collaborates with Area Sales Manager to develop and implement market plan and sales strategy for assigned territory.
- Assures sales objectives are met within the established budget. Controls expenses to meet and stay within budget.
- Complete all reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all company safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State and Federal regulations and the Company.
- Other duties as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated positive interpersonal skills, well organized and focused on customer needs
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image
- Read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly within the area and by personal vehicle
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.