Looking for an exciting career? You'll find it with us!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
JOB SUMMARY: Account Manager Ferndale, MI
We are seeking a results focused sales professional with entrepreneurial spirit to serve as our Account Manager. This position will focus on increasing our customer base while maintaining existing accounts. This person will increase business through solution selling, competitive pricing, and a variety of product offering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Develop and execute marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Inside Sales and Operations Teams and other outside vendors.
• Improve and grow market share in designated territory to established financial targets.
• Provide solution selling opportunities to current and new customers.
• Promote a safe working environment and a positive image to employees and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
• 3-5 years aggressive outside sales experience. Industrial sales experience strongly preferred.
• Proven experience in solution selling concepts.
• Proven experience in time and territory management.
• Must have reliable vehicle to travel throughout local territory on a regular daily basis.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Comfortable learning new software.
• SAP experience strongly preferred.
COMMUNICATION and CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• A team player with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
• Demonstrate clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
• Strong listening skills, to understand customers' needs.
• Highly organized and detailed.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ration and percents.
AIRGAS BENEFITS include...
• Competitive compensation package
• 401k with employer match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical/Dental Prescription/Vision Coverage
• Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
• and more...
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.