Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Account Manager in Linthicum Heights, Maryland!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as an Account Manager! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. The AM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory.
This position will have a specific focus on seeking out new business in the Healthcare and Life Sciences industries! ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas's sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing
accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer's business and establishing
a consultative relationship.
- Engages customers by linking the customer's business priorities to the Airgas value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, establishing credit terms, and estimated date of delivery to
customer based on knowledge of Airgas's production/delivery schedules and logisitics.
- Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product mixes, monitors competition by gathering current
relevant marketplace intellignece including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery
schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and
consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer
customer opportuntiesopportunities, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory
analyses) as required by District Manager (DM) through SAP.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas
working capital investment and financial risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration
for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior outside business-to-business sales experience to include proven experience
and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a
defined sales territory.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize the targeting of customers delivering the
highest value to Airgas.
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to
establish a mix sales solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and
microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) with ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work and succeed independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with
hands and arms.
- Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regularly required to sit in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Occasionally may be required to move 60 pounds or more with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it constitute an employment agreement.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.