You'll find it at Airgas!!
Airgas has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager position in Arlington, Washington.
Ranked #42 out of Fortune's top 500 companies for shareholder return on investment, and Forbes list of most Admired Companies, Airgas USA is the place for job opportunity and career growth. We're the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. We're also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,100 retail and plant locations and over 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
You'll be selling one of the top brands in the industry!
The Nor Pac Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and western Canada) is currently seeking a Account Manager to work out of our Arlington, Washington office.
Sells welding equipment, materials, and supplies to machine shops and other industrial establishments, utilizing knowledge of tool-and-die making, welding techniques, and metalworking processes. Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, paints and protective coatings to diverse organizations, including, but not limited to restaurants, schools, hospitals, farms, etc. Advises customer on tools, hardware and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks the customers wish to perform. Informs customer about quality of tools, hardware and equipment, and demonstrates use. Estimates quantities of gases and/or coatings required to fill customer's need. Sells abrasive products such as wheels, disks, and belts. Determines abrasive requirements for specific grinding, buffing, and polishing operations. Sells safety apparel and equipment, such as goggles, helmets, hearing protection devices, welding jackets, etc. Calls on prospective and existing customers to increase sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gases, business and product supply agreements.
- Expand existing customer base with all product lines from Airgas NorPac inventory.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge.
- Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork (call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Prepare annual sales analysis and forecast for supervisor.
- Provide market and competitor information to supervisor
- Using computer data base systems, including CU, check inventory and enter orders as required
- Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings and strictly observe safety rules
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately, and investigated promptly
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance of self and vehicle when representing the company
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary
- Perform mathematical calculations.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES :
- Perform counter sales in a backup capacity
- Assist with annual store inventory
- Provide backup during vacations and other instances of personnel shortages
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- 5 years experience in welding industry and 5 years experience in outside sales
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift 51-80 pounds
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer, and extract information on orders
- Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED :
- Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes
- Some experience in handling compressed gases
- Customer service or sales experience
- Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system
- Knowledge of the local market preferred
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.Qualifications:
See job description
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.