Arconic is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic team members to join our rotational Talent Program as an Account Manager-ATP
. The first rotation will be based out of Davenport, IA, and requires a willingness to travel to our customers around 50%-70% of the time. The second rotation may be based out of PA, CA, MI.About Arconic Acquiring Talent Program (ATP
): ATP is designed to hire high-potential leaders who have strong biases toward action, the execution of business results, and achieving results. It is also designed to ensure the long-term success of our business by deliberately supplementing our current talent to fill our need for Arconic's future leaders. This program is designed as a 24-month (maximum) rotational program for candidates with previous experiences they can use to launch their careers at Arconic forward.Why Arconic
? Arconic provides team members with the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Arconic ATP participants learn our business processes and are given ample mentoring and instruction through developmental plans and experiencing multiple parts of our business through their rotations. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Our ATP participants are also exposed to a variety of project-based assignments which allow them to add value to the company.
The Account Manager-ATP
will support the Arconic North American Global Rolled Products Business Unit
by executing the sales plan, and monitoring the forecasts for their area of responsibility. Incumbent must be able to recommend to the Business Unit management the strategies and tactics required to book targeted share and to achieve acceptance of new material. The role partners with the Sales Team, the Marketing Team, the Inside Sales Customer Service Team and the Plants they service. They will report activities to the Sales Manager.Responsibilities
Skills needed to be successful in the role include
- Optimize the customer and product mix to maximize profitability.
- Develop a pipeline of new Customers and Product/Market opportunities to ensure sustainable growth objectives are attained.
- Negotiate, close deals, and visit customer and prospect customers regularly
- Manage the execution of the contracts signed, payment terms, potential complaints, and customer satisfaction.
- Grow customer intimacy.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer's decision making process, utilize new solutions and services, and recommend/implement actions to obtain sales.
- Obtain orders at maximum prices for the Business Unit and establish contractual relationships as appropriate.
- Take the lead in developing and executing an overall customer strategy for the Business Unit.
- Direct and accomplish the specification selling effort at each customer.
- Gain in depth insight into the customers' business to provide accurate monthly forecasts for volume and revenue.
- Become totally familiar with Arconic's ABS and S&OP systems and potential advantages as it relates to internal and external connections.
- Establish close relationships and linkages with all levels of customer purchasing, technical, engineering program and management personnel. He/she must be able to influence the outcome of quotations and proposals and collect useful competitive information.
- Establish close linkages with Arconic manufacturing, quality, field service and technical support teams.
- Ability to comprehend the technical processes that are critical to understanding customer needs and requirements as well as Arconic products and manufacturing systems
- Learning ability
- Ability to understand customer dynamics and decision makers to effectively sell Arconic's product to meet the customer's needs
- Interpersonal, team leadership, and highly effective communication skills
- The ability to sell, think creatively and take initiative
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Sales/Marketing/Customer Service role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 3 years' experience in a Sales position
- Familiarity with the metals industry
- Preferred location: Davenport, IA
- Availability to travel up to 50%-70% (mainly in the USA).
- The candidate should display strong technical abilities and negotiation skills and be self-directed.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.