Arconic is currently in search of an Account Manager-Automotive
, to join our Automotive Commercial group within Global Rolled Products (GRP). The Automotive Commercial group is in an extremely high growth, dynamic and exciting environment. The Account Manager-Automotive will interact internally with application engineers, inside sales representatives, operations, and our marketing teams, as well as support external customers. The customer(s) assigned to this position will be determined based on the overall best alignment within the team of existing account managers along with this new position.Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer's decision-making process, utilize new solutions and services, and recommend/implement actions to obtain sales as a result.
- Obtain orders at maximum prices for the business and establish contractual relationships as appropriate.
- Take the lead in developing and executing an overall customer strategy for the business.
- Direct and accomplish the specification selling effort at each customer.
- Gain in depth insight into the customers business in order to provide accurate monthly forecasts for volume and revenue.
- Become totally familiar with Arconic's ABS and S&OP systems and potential advantages as it relates to internal and external connections.
- Establish close relationships and linkages with all levels of customer purchasing, technical, engineering program and management personnel. He/she must be able to influence the outcome of quotations and proposals and collect useful competitive information.
- Establish close linkages with Arconic manufacturing, quality, field service and technical support teams.
- This position has a direct impact on the volume and profitability for the Global Rolled Products business. Incumbent must be able to recommend to management the strategies and tactics required to book targeted share and to achieve acceptance of new material.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' experience commercial sales
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Experience selling to the automotive industry and to Tier 1 manufacturers.
- Proficiency in use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to travel 25%
- Strong Interpersonal, team leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend the technical processes that are critical to understanding customer needs and requirements as well as Arconic's products and manufacturing systems
- Ability to understand customer dynamics and decision makers to effectively sell Arconic's product to meet the customer's needs
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.