· Account Managers oversee a set of named accounts and have the opportunity to prospect for new business within a specific geography or vertical market. Success in the role relies on the ability to develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and to grow current accounts.
· Responsibilities include:
· Act as a trusted advisor to SMB C-level executives and their teams
· Deliver customized solutions to clients that draw from Gartner’s full portfolio of products and services to meet clients’ unique needs
· Maximize revenue through retention, upselling and building a pipeline of new business
· Pre-sale – prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, etc.
· Post sale – work with client to deliver strategy within the account to position for upsell opportunity upon renewal
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations and solve problems
· Ability to work independently, entrepreneurially and collaboratively
· Leadership experience preferred
· Interest or experience in the technology industry preferred
· Understanding of the technology industry or sales is preferred but not required
· Bachelor degree
Compensation and Benefits
· Unlimited earning potential (competitive base salary, plus uncapped commissions)
· Bonus opportunities and other performance-based rewards, including luxury, all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations such as Sydney, Rome and Hawaii
· An intensive, eight-week training program designed to accelerate success and learning at Gartner
· Twenty days paid time off, plus eight company holidays and one floating holiday
· Tuition reimbursement program providing up to $5,250 per calendar year
· Relocation assistance (subject to approval)
· 401(K) Match
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Employee Discounts
· $250 Reimbursement for healthy activities
· Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Gartner is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veterans status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
· If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gartner and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send us and email at Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com.
Job ID 00014440
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.