Commercial Construction Guaranteed Cost Account Manager The Construction Department
writes Commercial Insurance Packages specifically for Construction Contractors (i.e. Electricians, Road/Bridge Builders, Steel Manufactures, etc.). An Account may contain multiple Lines of Business (Auto, General Liability, Worker's Compensation, Property, Umbrella and others). WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION? Basic Overall Job Function:
Supports Underwriting in the sales acquisition and account retention process. Provides support for new business and renewal policy account coordination, review, essential services, rate quoting and issuance. Serves as the single point of contact for agents in handling inquiries and requests. Communicates with customers to request needed information and resolves problems. Job Duties/Accountabilities Sales Support:
Responsible for supporting the Underwriter in the sales acquisition process through a variety of services that may include account coordination, new business and renewal policy essential services, rating, report ordering, preliminary classification of new business, and data collection. Responsible for reviewing, preparing work orders, rating and issuing policies. Applies screening criteria in accordance with guidelines. Communicates with customers to obtain needed and required underwriting information and resolves problems. Supports sales efforts and strategies. Workload/Desk Management:
Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions. Effectively balance quality, and timeliness while working alongside the underwriter to manage a book of business. Multi-task, prioritize and manage daily work activities. Organizes work, based on account manager /underwriter huddles, recognize top agents and territorial differences so that underwriters and others can easily determine what needs to be done and effectively continue the work and respond to customers as needed. Maintain an effective pending/diary/follow-up system. Maintain a professional /organized work area. Required Competencies: 1. Understands and Supports Organizational Vision and Strategy and Embraces Change
2. Works Effectively - Is Autonomous and Thinks Critically
- Stays current on issues potentially impacting his /her work including industry and marketplace trends, strategic direction of the organization, organizational structure and leadership, team goals, internal initiatives, etc.
- Understands and aligns own work plans, activities and decisions to help fulfill all commitments within established timeframes.
- Seeks information about the vision and strategies for his /her team, department and The Hartford overall.
- Possesses the necessary knowledge of business concepts to achieve business results.
3. Pursues Self-Development
- Manages own time and workload efficiently: balances multiple priorities to fulfill all commitments within established timeframes.
- Identifies the benefits and opportunities of change and quickly alters approaches to implement and support change efforts.
- Modifies own work activities and methods to eliminate waste and inefficiency.
4. Builds effective relationships and partnerships
- Constantly seeks opportunities to learn and acquire new skills.
- Ensures that lessons learned are applied to future situations.
- Strives to learn and understand the dynamics of the territory, develop territory and book of business knowledge.
5. Values Customers
- Words and actions are consistent; demonstrates company core values and principles.
- Is open and honest in all dealings internally and externally; treats others with fairness and respect.
- Seeks to resolve conflicts in a productive manner without assigning blame or claiming credit.
- Supports others who request assistance and /or information.
- Advances collective team mission as well as individual goals.
- Builds effective relationships with agents.
6. Demonstrates Effective Communication Skills
- Acts with appropriate urgency when responding to customer inquiries and requests.
- Sets high standards and continually evaluates self against performance targets.
- Demonstrates professionalism and establishes credibility and rapport in all customer interactions; personally enhances The Hartford's reputation.
- Serves as the Single Point of Contact for agents on service-related issues and problem resolution.
- Listens carefully and asks probing questions to understand others' needs and perspectives (peers, business partners and customers).
- Speaks clearly and concisely to effectively convey information and express opinions. Clearly explains complex, technical information in a way that is helpful to listeners.
- Quickly comprehends written information. Writes effective letters, emails, reports, etc.
- Keep others informed so there are no unnecessary "surprises".
- Tailors communication content and method to the audience. Anticipates how messages are likely to be received.
Education, Experience and Skills required:
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- College Degree preferred
- Prior Commercial Insurance industry experience at either a company or agency with an emphasis on customer service, underwriting assistant and/or account management strongly preferred
- Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines rating experience preferred
- Effective communication skills , both written and verbal
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good automation skills and strong technical ability
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Software
- Ability to works autonomously
- Ability to shift work efforts quickly and make decisions in a fast past environment
- This position will be located on-site in the Franklin, TN or Chicago, IL business center. This opportunity is not eligible for the Remote Worker Program.
- This position will be filled at a Tier 9 or 10 depending on experience
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others