Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Account Manager – Commercial/Industrial is responsible for proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory which consists of Hutchins to Corsicana.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field.
• Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
• Schedules and completes proactive customer calls and visits and captures key information in the Company’s information systems.
• Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
• Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the established escalation policy.
• Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of Company pricing initiatives.
• Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
• Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
• Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role identifying and addressing customer needs
• A valid driver’s license is required.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.