Job Location: Boston, MA
This position provides cross-market support functions across both regional and local markets in a field office.
- Supports Senior sales staff in the internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client relationships.
- Conducts post-sale enrollment meetings; presenting product information, distributing approved materials, collecting forms and answering questions.
- Promotes, organizes, and attends enrollment meetings and benefit fairs for assigned customers.
- Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, request needed plan performance reporting and develop marketing plans.
- Prepares presentation materials.
- Actively participates in finalist meetings for prospective customers, stewardship meetings for existing customers and broker meetings to discuss both.
- Ensures proper licensing and appointment paperwork is in good order for writing agents.
- Actively participates in the implementation process.
- Demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge and provides consultative assistance on issues related to their plans.
- Stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.).
- Tracks renewal status and margin position, negotiation of rates, working with underwriting to request alternate plan designs as necessary and initiation of amendments borne out of final decisions
- Mentors newly hired associates and assists with process training.
- May provide guidance to lower level staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree,
- 5-7 years customer service experience and Life and Health license.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time.
- Strong product knowledge and underwriting skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work well with others as well as independently.
- Able to solve problems and think creatively.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 53741
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.