RR Donnelley (NYSE:RRD) is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel marketing and business communications. We serve large, fragmented markets experiencing tremendous changes in the ways in which organizations communicate with their target audiences utilizing both print and digital channels.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day print production expertise and support of all commercial print and direct mail products by serving as an extension to our client’s marketing, CRM, loyalty and creative teams. They will interface with the account management and enterprise sales team at RR Donnelley to ensure all project requirements are being met, efficiencies are being received and the end product reflects initial vision.
- Receives campaign and product information from client and executes all phases of production including communication and details necessary to successfully process orders through the appropriate production facility in a timely and efficient manner, without disruption, from inception through delivery.
- Conduct daily touch base call with RR Donnelley to ensure current projects are on schedule and discuss upcoming projects.
- Participate in regular weekly production calls with clients and/or RRD internal teams
- Proof all projects for accuracy from a printing perspective during the internal routing process before release.
- Conduct general proof reviews to ensure that all client and RRD standards are met.
- Coordinate with client’s departments on timing of approvals for data and imaging proofs
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all production-related materials such as Production Controls or documents such as version charts and matrices, production specs, imaging & order processing instructions, quality guidelines, daily status and production schedules.
- Secure print estimates based on project needs and budget.
- Submit requests to the printer for spec inquiries and .eps dielines as needed.
- Receive all invoices and provide to Manager, CRM Planning.
- Troubleshoot and traffic all production-related tasks. Identify production-related problems and solutions associated with client projects and participate in decision making with RRD Client Services team. Expected to initiate solutions to complex or unusual issues, coordinating with RRD sales as appropriate.
- Coordinate delivery schedules with customers on in-coming components for use in the communication package. Coordinate delivery schedules with other RRD facilities to ensure that all components are available for timely production at the finishing facility.
- Attend client pre-planning, debrief, creative strategy, and any other production-related meetings as needed. Travel to other client sites, RRD production facility or other sites as required. Attend press checks on behalf of client or RRD, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of company product lines, capabilities, market conditions, price and competitive activity with client.
- Facilitates the rollout of customer specifications for jobs and provides training that is specific to customer requirements for particular jobs to other employees as necessary.
- Determine and document account/departmental best practices, special projects and SOP’s.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.