Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Account Manager will report to the Account Executive within the Global Merchant Client Group. . This individual will retain day-to-day responsibility for developing and growing global relationships with selected merchants in North America & Europe. Individual responsibilities will include:
- Defining merchant outcomes. Consultatively identifying and prioritizing merchant needs and crafting customized solutions that grow the merchants' business and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services
- Managing merchant relationships. Be the single point of contact for merchant. Provide high degree of customer care with a pro-active, solutions-oriented mindset. Identify & foster strategic relationships within merchant organization that will elevate partner discussions to focus on growth.
- Identifying merchant investments. Identify merchant investment & partnership opportunities that will jointly benefit merchants and Visa. Assist in developing appropriate business cases and forecasts. Partner closely with merchant counterparts to gain alignment & buy-in from early stage.
- Establishing strong internal partnerships. Establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions. Work cross functionally within Visa to drive projects forward. Articulate merchant needs and influence product/capability road maps by leveraging merchant feedback.
- Being the analytical backbone to team. Develop deep understanding of merchant business both analytically and strategically. Provide ongoing planning & reporting needs for the team and merchant.
The successful candidate will have proven experience managing client relationships to deliver against client goals. Qualifications include:
- Strong external sales/business development background with product and / or marketing experience and abilities, preferably with large merchant clients
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in client facing roles and internal constituents
- Ability to communicate complex technical/financial concepts with subject-matter experts and convey those concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement
- Deeply analytical with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Prior experience working with or for merchants and issuers; digital/mobile payment and/or loyalty experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.