/Your Talent. Our Vision./AtAnthem, Inc.,it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Account Manager III
Work location: Wallingford, CT
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of large local group business or national accounts. Typical group size is 1,000-4,999 eligible or enrolled subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
Requires a BA/BS; 4 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Sales license required.
Ability to travel up to 50% within state of Connecticut required.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Account Manager III - Wallingford, CT - 134948
Requisition ID: 134948
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.