Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Maximize revenue for designated account package by growing sales within existing accounts, expanding customer contacts, identifying and developing new opportunities at a level consistent with or exceeding company expectations.
- Understand customer needs and objectives and remains alert and responsive to changing customer needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of market data and access to resources to quickly respond to new developments in the customer's business
- Demonstrate consistent focus on actions and tactics that will produce positive sales results
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the customers' products and services to formulate business strategies to drive revenue
- Understand Grainger's Value Proposition and can clearly articulate to customers, providing solutions to grow profitable sales
- Communicate in an organized, clear and concise manner to effectively express ideas, plans, actions, and projects to support customer needs
- Establish customer and market priorities to execute a strategic course of action to accomplish sales goals
- Develop and implement account penetration strategies to include regular business reviews for key customers to maximize sales
- Demonstrate full compliance to company sales and pricing guidelines
- Fully leverage all resources and technical support available
- Document, analyze, and understand impact of customer focused activities to increase productivity and sales within assigned market
- Self-motivated, possessing a high energy level and a desire to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Business acumen around sales forecasting opportunity management and customer planning
- Technological capabilities and understanding to communicate in today's business environment
- Ability to listen, gain trust and bring to closure an action, project, resolution or sales with customers
- Ability to clearly articulate business drivers, understand key financial and total cost of ownership concepts with all levels of the organization
- Ability to utilize sales process to uncover customer objections/concerns, and determine appropriate solutions
- Ability to maintain a plan of action until desired results is achieved
- Strong process discipline, ability to align planning objectives with a pipeline development process to grow and develop market revenue
- Knowledge of Maintenance Repair & Operations (MRO) products and their applications a plus
- High School diploma and/or GED required
- College or equivalent experience preferred Minimum of 3+ years of direct outside sales experience
Work Environment: Consistent with Grainger's Sales Mgt process, travel required to each customer within aligned market at least once per month, or more frequently where needed
Impact: Has responsibility for generating positive sales growth for a specific geography or vertical market with an average of 30-35 current accounts and average of $2 to $3.5M dollars annually
Fully leverage Grainger's Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Salesforce, to perform all of the aspects of business daily
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.