Under general direction, responsible for growing products sales volume and meeting set sales plans and objectives through assigned OEM channel accounts - in this specific position, within the Johnson Controls Unitary Product Group (UPG). Sells the complete product portfolio of the Controls Group. Uses and promotes the use of the sales process to aide in cultivating and managing long term relationships and in seeking out new sales opportunities. Represents product and technology offerings during the sales process to the end customer. Works with the assigned accounts to deploy new product offerings and ensures they are informed and trained on the products, features, value proposition, and pricing. Operates with the highest business ethics.
External/Internal Relationships: The OEM Channel Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for delivering the products revenue and margin plan for OEM channel accounts. In their role, the CAM, will need to establish and sustain important internal/external relationships in the following ways:
• Selling and servicing key executives with their assigned OEM accounts to drive product revenue and margin results.
• Provides customer support on products, features, pricing and collateral material.
• Acts as a conduit of support and information between our customers manufacturing teams and facilities and ours.
• Developments and builds consensus both internally and externally for new product features and offerings.
• Actively involved in Regional industry associations (ASHRAE, HARDI, ARI, CGNA, etc) and trade shows/events
• Works with their supervisor to develop annual volume and growth objectives for assigned accounts.
• Manage national account(s) in conjunction with Account leadership.
• Works with Product Management and Engineering organization to provide feedback for product and feature enhancements and customer requirements.
• Provides competitive analysis of local marketplace and obtains assistance for technical expertise, sales assistance and market development activities.
1. Partnering with key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales levels.
2. Recommends product solutions and links to customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
3. Differentiates and leverages Johnson Controls product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Johnson Controls.
4. Creates partnering opportunities with the principles responsible for the decision making process.
5. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns.
6. Understands customer's business and speaks their language.
7. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
8. Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
9. Involved in the development and execution of account sales.
10. Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives.
11. Using Johnson Controls account management principles and Playbook with assigned accounts, conducts quarterly strategic account review sessions, Ensures that the customer fully understands and executes appropriate actions towards the co-developed sales plans to achieve the sales goals and objectives identified.
12. Key stake holders (marketing, sales, quality, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, inventory, etc.)
13. Price and Margin management
14. Ability to understand and participate in product development life cycle, while influencing product decisions towards JCI offerings, and maximizing our value proposition.
15. Bring to select OEMs new technology offerings and solutions as developed within JCI.
16. Act as a funnel for information between OEM and JCI product management, influencing future offerings and technology trends and changes.
17. Ability to work across a single customer with multiple locations in North America, leveraging our overall business opportunity, while influencing a greater share of wallet for JCI.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent sales and technical experience. Minimum of eight year's progressive, direct sales experience, preferably in the HVAC/Controls industry. Able to relate to people at all levels, communicating both on a technical and non-technical basis. MBA is preferred. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Possesses excellent presentation skills and proficiency at making one on one and group presentations. Able to travel a minimum of 50%.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.