The Account Manager position is part of our Building Technology & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. This position will support our UPG (Unitary Products Group) where we sell our residential and light commercial HVAC equipment through dealer channels. Will have existing dealers as well as networking to develop new dealers. Day travel required. Ideal candidate would have HVAC background, working with dealers is a plus, will also consider any related industry, or from contractor side of the business (electrical, plumbing, etc). Looking for someone who is self motivated, who can work independently and build relationships with our dealers. Looking to hire right away.
This position, under general direction, is responsible for delivering profitable sales volume through assigned customers to meet the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) objectives. Develops and implements activities and strategies to continually increase top line revenue, maximize margins and increase market share for Unitary Products.
• Obtains orders so as to meet sales objectives.
• Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns; understands customer's business and speaks their language; develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment; and manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
• Demonstrates dedication and commitment to provide customers and co-workers with products and services that fully conform to established requirements.
• Acquires, maintains, and develops sufficient qualified dealers or accounts in the assigned territory.
• Assists dealers in implementing local marketing programs.
• Calls on architects, consulting engineers, builders, general contractors, and national accounts to assure favorable specifications for York product.
• Provides business management assistance to dealers.
• **E-Commerce-connected sales position: Territory Manager will educate and demonstrate to customers how to access and use an online sales portal**
Other duties may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent combined education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• HVAC experience preferred, not required.
• Industry sales experience. Could come from technical/service side of HVAC business with some selling.
• Dealer experience a plus
• Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
• Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
• Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
• Solid public speaking skills.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.