Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
The Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company of North America (PCEC), a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), is currently seeking an Account Manager – Imaging Category. The Account Manager drives sales of Digital Still Camera (DSC), Digital Video Camcorder (DVC) and other assigned product categories for Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company through assigned dealers, distributors, and/or Sales Channels to meet or exceed sales budget. The Account Manager (AM) is the single point of contact responsible and accountable for all the day to day account management and administrative activities. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE RESIDES IN HOUSTON OR ATLANTA.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. What You'll Do
Maintain and drive sales volumes to achieve forecast and budget for DSC, DVC and other assigned products within accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Must clearly understand and be able to execute the following sales competencies: territory analysis, dealer segmentation, product segmentation, business plan creation and analysis, pricing and program negotiations, account management, dealer marketing plans and execution, forecasting and customer service.
- Develop in-depth understanding of account’s marketing opportunities, on line competencies and Point of Sale (POS) sell-thru dynamics analysis and reporting.
- Analyze account sales results, detect trends, assess promotion effectiveness and track PCEC performance against account expectations. Communicate and report back to account based on this analysis.
- Provide single point of contact for account personnel, take ownership of any account issue and manage resources within PCEC to resolve account issues expeditiously. Proactively communicate status and progress related to any open issues.
- Collect, monitor and track account sales forecast with a high degree of accuracy.
- Resolve account charge-backs in a timely fashion.
- Communicate competitive issues to management and make recommendations on responses.
- Coordinate efforts with Sales Support Team (SSR) to ensure floor salespeople are well trained and displays well maintained.
Ensure consistent and appropriate representation of Panasonic product and promotions as agreed to by the channel partner on their retail floor, in weekly ad/promotion rotations and on the web (if applicable)
What You'll Bring
PROBLEM-SOLVING (complexity and research, analysis, and creativity required):
- Understands account strategy and is able to get others to align their activities and contributions with the strategy. Is able to prioritize activities to achieve desired business results.
- Prepares alternative strategies for discussion with other sales team members and management to capitalize on market/account opportunity and address any gaps. KNOW HOW (education/experience & other knowledge required):
- 5 years of account management, sales or sales management experience in the Retail Industry.
- 2 years of Photo Specialty Channel or Cinematography retail experience.
- College education preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of formal sales process from account identification to ongoing business management.
- Understanding and proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Job requires travel up to 60% with some weekends COMMUNICATIONS
- Leads and facilitates negotiation sessions and discussions with account for product placement, pricing, programming and promotions.
- Works effectively with other sales team members to develop, communicate and manage to account strategies and plans.
- Effectively communicates with the key personnel at the account to manage and maximize account sales.
What We Offer
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.