Overview: Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
Job Description: Account Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of an assigned account, including hiring, training, disciplining and terminating staff. Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees: develop & retain staff; coordinate needed support services and solve problems to effectively run the account. Meet or exceed financial & operational goals; provide quality customer service. Maintains or oversees maintenance of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel. Provides after-hour emergency response as required. Essential Functions
- Supervise the day to day security operations of an assigned Client Site.
- Manage a team of security officers, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support.
- Ensure the Client Site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees.
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service.
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met.
- Assure regular communication of issues or program with Client
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Other management responsibilities as determined by Client or Branch Manager.
- Communicate staffing needs via Requisition Form; assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates.
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, training, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate (PAN forms, rosters, etc.)
- Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings through a consistently updated READ file at each site.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet AlliedBarton's corporate training standards.
- Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, invoice Aging by tiers, Training Summary and Training Detail reports) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Enforce policies as outlined in the handbooks, executive memos and on the portal.
- Four year degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related field.
- Previous Contract Security, facilities management, military or law enforcement experience
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience (depending on size/scope of client).
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results.
Closing: Allied Universal Services is the USA's largest provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities Allied Universal offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from professional security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Requisition ID: 2016-97420
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.