What you will do
Under general direction, is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls building technology and service offerings to U.S. Federal Government public works leaders and tenant agencies, primarily at the Director and Manager level. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners / end users by providing business and technical solutions. Uses strategic account management practices to build long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Delivers the Johnson Controls value proposition to customers by consulting on technical solutions to improve building environments and reduce lifecycle costs. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners. Positions annual service agreements as the foundation of account relationships. Executes the sales process to cultivate, qualify and close new sales opportunities. Utilize sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity at accounts. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings (HVAC, building automation, electronic security, fire alarm and suppression, distributed energy storage) to support customer goals.
How you will do it
1. Sell, with minimal supervision, Johnson Controls building technology and services offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to Federal agency decision makers at the public works Director and Manager levels while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing building to achieve customer mission objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities. Sells, renews and expands service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
2. Applies strategic account management practices to understand the customer's goals and implements a joint planning approach to make Johnson Controls an irreplaceable partner in achieving those goals.
3. Builds partnering relationships with public works/facilities leaders or key tenants responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Controls offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility.
4. Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Keeps manager informed of sales progress and changes in the marketplace. Develops and maintains a network of contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes. Shares technical knowledge plus operations expertise (when to maintain, when to replace) with the customer.
5. Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
6. Develops rough order magnitude budgetary pricing and helps customer quantify the business case to secure budget approvals. Educates customer on Federal or agency-specific funding programs or IDIQ contract vehicles that may support their goals.
7. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely cost estimates, proposals, and quotes. Secures internal management approval based on contract size per Delegation of Authority matrix prior to presenting it to the customer. With support from the supervising manager negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale.
8. Collaborates with operations team to accurately inventory assets covered under service agreements to ensure accurate pricing and contract expansion.
9. Utilizes applicable customer relationship management and account planning tools effectively to increase business opportunity in accounts. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in CRM tools with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close.
10. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with operations team to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverages both product experts and Federal vertical market experts within Johnson Controls to teach customers for differentiation.
11. Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls product and service offerings.
12. Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
13. Participates in professional organizations (e.g. local Society of American Military Engineers chapters).
What we look for
1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related discipline required.
2. One or more years of field sales, estimating, or project management experience.
3. Demonstrated subject matter expertise in energy management, HVAC systems, building automation, SCADA, microgrids, fire alarm & protection, and/or electronic security systems.
4. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
5. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
6. U.S. Citizen with ability to acquire Department of Defense Security Clearances.
7. Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project required.
8. Ability to travel within the region approximately 20%.
1. Demonstrated understanding of U.S. Federal Government agency budgeting and contracting (acquisition) processes.
2. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification & LEED AP accreditations
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.