At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sales Representative, for the Automotive Division, located in Dallas, Texas. Job Summary
- Sales Representative responsible for developing and maintaining 3M business with Pro Market Accounts, Distributors and OEM Assembly Plants. Work Allocation 65% Pro Market & PPF Accounts / 35% OEM Assembly Plants
- Develop and manage strong functional relationships, both internally and externally, at all levels (manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, central office)
- Develop account plans and takes actions with customers, building value for 3M
- Pro Market Sales responsibility for the following AD products:
- Paint Protection Film
- Attachment Tape Solutions
- (Exterior Trim, Badging, Weather-strip/Sealing & Interiors)
- OEM Assembly Plant Consumables
- Masking Tape, Abrasives, Adhesives & Sealants.
- Utilize effective leadership skills and automotive knowledge to solve complex system challenges with 3M products
- Resolve challenging problems with sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Weekly visits to PPF Installers, Distributors and Pro Market Accounts with strategic focus on growing the business
- Accountable for sales results, on vehicle penetration, account management activities, and relationship management.
- Ability to influence decision makers and negotiate long term contracts with complex terms
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum four (4) years sales experience in Industrial or Automotive industries
- Experience with Data processing/analysis using Excel
- Travel up to 40% of the time
Location: Dallas, Texas Sales Territory: Texas,
- Automotive/Tier 1 Selling Experience
- Proven history of responsiveness and service
- Experience in developing excellent relationships with customers on all business levels
- Demonstrated efficiencies in analytical problem solving and product demonstrations
- Must be self-motivated and very comfortable working in automotive environments and solving problems quickly
- Experience working in automotive purchasing environments.
- Technical background, preferably with experience in abrasives, adhesives, interior /exterior attachment and film installation.
- Ability to work independently to deliver sales results, yet confident enough to work within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, in English
- Bilingual speaking capability in Spanish and English
Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and ArizonaTravel: up to 40% and includes overnight travelRelocation: Is authorized within country per 3M policesAbout 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.