Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Account Representative - Standard Products and Services (Americas) at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.POSITION SUMMARY
The Equipment Sales Plant Services (ESPS) Business Area is responsible for regional Americas equipment and services sales to third party customers and Air Products joint ventures of industrial gas equipment and processes. One of ESPS' growth initiatives is to develop the Standard Plant Sales and Services business whereby Air Products applies our market-leading operational expertise to customer owned (Equipment Sales) for standard product technologies (Cryo Oxygen <500 MTD, PSA, VSA, PHG, H2 PSA, etc.) This position is primarily commercially focused and requires technical competency in Industrial Gas technology. The successful applicant will assist in growing Air Products' profits by helping to develop and progress the Standard Product and Services sale of equipment business.
The Account Representative will identify target customers, prepare proposals (commercial and technical aspects), prepare and present to customers and business partners, market Air Products Cryogenic and Standard Product Services capabilities, manage our Marketing Communications activities, and assist in executing work/studies at customer owned facilities. This is a regional position and the Account Representative can expect to work with customers, business partners, and Air Products colleagues in the North and South America. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
The business provides a broad range of products and services to the industrial gas industry, including plant sales, operating services, maintenance services, spare parts, plant audits, and efficiency modifications. The Account Representative will develop new business and the day to day management of sales to third party customers. Travel will be required to meet customers on a regular basis. It is expected that approximately 25% of working time will be out of the office. Sales
- Proposal generation including commercial and technical aspects
- Pricing and contract development
- Prepare and present capabilities information to customers and business partners
- Customer asset management
- Technical and commercial negotiations
- Responsible for customer satisfaction from proposal development through project lifecycle
- Identify target customers and markets
- Market our standard product plants and technology capabilities at conferences, symposiums and other forums
- Manage Marketing Communications activities
- Develop offerings that will provide value to customers
- Assist in performance studies of customer owned plants
- Partner with Air Products engineering and operations teams to meet customer needs
- Partner with Air Products engineering and operations teams to develop the technical sections of proposals
- Develop working knowledge of Air Products Standard Product technology so capabilities and benefits can be communicated externally
- B.S. Engineering degree/Technical degree- MBA a plus
- Strong customer orientation and ability to communicate and work with external customers
- Ability to work cross functionally inside Air Products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Background in Industrial Gas Technology (2 to 7 years in engineering or operations)
- Sales experience a plus
- Positive attitude is essential
- Flexibility to adjust as priorities shift
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21609BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.