What you will do
Under specific direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls service offerings to owners, primarily at the Director level.
Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise.
Builds and manages long term customer relationships/partnerships with target and managed accounts. Focuses on 15-20 accts.
Responsible for customer satisfaction. Selling Security and Fire Systems to the construction industry
Executes the sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings within an account. How you will do it
What we look for
- Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the Security and Fire Systems and Services offering. Maintains frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- With assigned contractors, makes take-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the full spectrum of JCI offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drives specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards the JCI offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives favorable specification.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Under direction, qualifies and assesses potential customers. Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments. Honors the credit split guidelines and refers leads to other business segments.
- Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related discipline strongly preferred or equivalent experience of more than 8 years.
- A minimum of two (2) plus years of consultative progressive field sales experience in a highly complex sales process in the Fire/Security industry.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.