Job Title: Account Specialist
Airgas, an Air Liqude company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Job Summary:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
Specialist is accountable for managing a designated portfolio of accounts with particular focus on the automotive retail segment. Annual goals include profitability growth of existing account portfolio and negotiating new agreements to increase overall portfolio responsibility. Primary Job Functions:
- Candidate serves as primary point of contact between Airgas and corporate customer
- Directly develop and grow the commercial relationships of assigned customers in the functional area.
- Drive sales growth within the automotive retail segment and support segment activity to reach both personal and segment goals
- Negotiate agreement renewals and ensure adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Negotiate new strategic agreements and coordinate implementation
- Interface with key individuals within organization to plan implementation strategies based on customer requirements and lead execution
- Determine best channels for potential clients and work with appropriate groups within Airgas to support new growth opportunities
- Work closely with Corporate Account Manager to drive Automotive Strategy implementation successfully across the organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Possesses a solid track record of demonstrated performance and organizational support.
- Has strong influencing and teamwork skills in order to deliver on commitments made to customers on behalf of all of the business units of Airgas, Inc.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and close contracts.
- Displays the ability to articulate all of the aspects of the Airgas value proposition in a manner tailored to the specific needs of the customer.
- Efficient time Management
- Strong Presentation skills
- Proven experience in solution selling concepts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Project management and team leadership experience
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong listening skills, to understand customer and industry needs
- Proven successful communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized and detailed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Education: High School or GED equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year industry related sales experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidate must be able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Willing and able to drive (or have access to transportation), fly, and spend evenings away from home. Travel requirement: Minimal to Moderate
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.