Account Support Specialist Primary Purpose:
Under general direction, manages a variety of activities in support of the assigned customer business unit(s). Primary Responsibilities:
Customer Ordering / Invoicing
- Download / receive & process prototype / special / international orders
- Create manual invoices and export orders as required; prepare offline invoices as needed
- Keep track of customer orders - incoming, current, and arrived. Confirm PO's in accounting systems when shipments complete.
- Communicate and coordinate with JCI plants, packaging company, shipping/freight company, and customer, domestically and globally as necessary.
- Act as point of contact for supply chain / demand planning / finance to support customer account teams with forecast process (input orders, confirm orders, respond to variance, and elevate to account lead as issues arise for resolution).
- As needed, order prototype batteries, engineering testing from third party facilities, labels for batteries, and dunnage through working internally
- Order dunnage through working with internal plants, purchasing, engineering, and customers for new and to replace old as needed
- Support Program Managers in build events by ordering necessary materials if requested
- Provide certificates i.e. insurance, COO, AALA as requested/specified by customer
- Complete compliance forms yearly, traced value & trade compliance forms when prompted (NAFTA)
System Maintenance / Updating / Reporting
- Work directly or with appropriate teams to create, upload, change, and deactivate plant and/or mass production schedules in the manufacturing system as new parts and customers are assigned
- From manufacturing system review daily error report, determine root cause of errors, and coordinate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to correct before shipping dates.
- Support the account team to update the CRM tool including entering/mapping opportunities, current volume, and zippering points of contact. Create and run reports to enable troubleshooting of volume mapping issues and support the commercial opportunity approval process in the tool.
- Manage customer portals - distribute customer bulletins to global teams, act as supplier portal administrator to provide access to JCI personnel, and support issue resolution with applications used by the plants or team members.
Reporting / Presentations / Other Projects and responsibilities
- Coordinate and consolidate information from the global team for report out to the account team. These include but are not limited to volume requests, hi-probability opportunities, customer specific project plans, customer scorecards, and up-coming launches. Maintain the Sharepoint site for storing this information.
- With content from the commercial teams, create presentations for internal leadership meetings (strategic account reviews) and external meetings with the customer
- Support pricing and quarterly price adjustments including creating/maintaining bump and price charts, and other pricing projects
- Support team in the dispute of warranty claims and action plans to address warranty issues.
- Support as appropriate with audits of JCI plants by customers.
- Participate in internal (SDT meetings, regional account meetings) and external (customer, trade shows, conferences) meetings as appropriate
- Undergraduate bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales, customer service, account management, or logistics
- Experience working in the automotive industry, and specifically interacting with the automotive OE's as a supplier preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively in a fast moving environment while handling multiple responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, basic financial knowledge preferred
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.