Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for business success from the technology point of view by management of install Base and new products Application Performance to drive Customer Satisfaction & Identify Business Risks. Responsible for managing the definition and implementation of processes and applications, to meet the customer's current and future requirements for productivity and leading edge technology, using Applied Materials products. As the customer technology expert for at least one class of processes, guides technology development and transfer. Integrates customer technology requirements into internal product roadmap.
- Resolves complex field process issues utilizing systematic troubleshooting methodology. Create a mechanism to communicate issues and track progress. Use sound statistical techniques like DOEs (Design of Experiment) to quickly determine root cause and action plans. Communicates learnings from this portion to rest-of-world to strengthen the product packages.
- Responsible for customer demos, including defining demo conditions, wafer processing and analyzing results.
- Assists account teams in managing the customer account to enhance customer satisfaction and increase AMAT's product and technical reputation.
- Works with business unit in technology development and transfer to customers including customized process development. Plans unit process sequence based on customer requirements. Negotiates process specifications with customers. Takes ownership of delivering the required solution to the customers that meets specification.
- Takes the lead in positioning new technologies to customers utilizing technical information from divisions. May form strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversee joint development activities or beta-site testing programs. Makes management level presentations.
- Participates in defining product strategy, identifying gaps. Provides feedback on process and hardware improvements to meet customer roadmap requirements.
- Keeps abreast of new developments that directly impact unit processes. Participates in publishing in ET conferences and journals.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.