Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- Works with business unit in technology development and transfer to customers including customized process development. Plans unit process sequence based on customer requirements. Negotiates process specifications and service offerings with customers. Takes ownership of delivering the required solution to the customers that meets specification.
- Serves as the customer expert across a broad range of products. Plays a key role in defining product strategy and identifying gaps. Provides feedback to business unit heads on process and hardware improvements to meet customer roadmap requirements.
- Takes the lead in positioning new technologies to customers utilizing technical information from division. Interfaces with customers at key development and manufacturing sites to form strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversees joint development activities or beta-site testing programs. Makes executive level presentations.
- Resolves significantly complex field process issues utilizing systematic troubleshooting methodology generally involving multiple processes. Create a mechanism to communicate issues, track progress and pull resources from multiple BU's and/or functions. Uses sound statistical techniques and problem solving methodologies like DOEs (Design of Experiment) to quickly determine root cause and action plans. Communicates learnings from this portion to rest-of-world to strengthen the product packages
- Provides oversight of customer demos, including defining demo conditions and analyzing results.
- Assists account teams in managing the customer account to enhance customer satisfaction and increase AMAT's product and technical reputation.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own and related technology groups. Participates in publishing in ET conferences and journals.
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.