The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day activities of the Accounting Department including, but not limited to:
Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Preparing Account Reconciliations
- Prepares and enters journal entries to accurately record financial transactions.
- Performs Account Analysis and Variance Explanations for specific Income Statement Accounts when necessary.
- Assists with the bi-weekly processing of payroll.
- Assists with SOX audits and testing.
- Maintaining the Capital Equipment Database (FAS)
- Responsible for verifying Accounts Payable coding is correct and assists other departments with A/P processes.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts including documentation to support balances.
- Assist the Controller, Accounting Manager, and CFO with budgets, audits, and special projects as they arise.
Education : B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Experience : One year accounting experience preferred.
Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
Strong organizational skills
Strong computer skills using MS Office products, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom