McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts. Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Ensures records are in accordance with SOX and internal controls. Works in coordination with practice controllers to close the books monthly. Prepares fixed asset documents to ensure proper recording of new assets. Prepares P&L variance reports to compare current month activity with prior periods. Prepares rent analysis to ensure proper recording of monthly rents and adjustments. May interpret reports and records for managers.
Key Responsibilities (List the top five to seven essential responsibilities in priority order):
1. Under supervision of accounting leadership, effectuates the month end close processes to include but not limited to: preparation of journal entries, account variance analysis, and internal control compliance.
2. Prepares and submits for review balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
3. Adhoc analysis as requested
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related business curriculum.
• Minimum two years’ experience in public accounting or general industry accounting.
• Health care experience preferred.
• CPA or parts passed preferred.
• Assists with general ledger maintenance including, but not necessarily limited to, preparing financial schedules, writing journal entries, reviewing G/L coding on invoices. Coordinates corporate close of all companies and ensures accurate monthly accruals.
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of a variety of records and accounts to include, but not necessarily be limited to, balance sheet and supporting detail and fixed assets records including depreciation.
• Provides analyses as requested.
• Proficient in Excel
• Good Communication skills, written and oral
• Flexible time schedule due to late hours during ME close cycle
• Ability to manage to deadlines
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and nVision reporting, Image Now, Essbase and Blackline
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent interaction with corporate and network management and staff management.
• Large percent of time performing computer based work is required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.