ADECCO National Group, a leader in recruitment of professionals, is seeks an Accountant in Gaithersburg, MD.
This is an opportunity with a well-established company and offers a competitive W-2 compensation.
Contract duration: 3 months
Pay Rate: $65.00/hour
Total Weekly Hours: 40 potential for overtime
Shift: Standard hours Monday thru Friday
TITLE: Lead Accountant
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
SUPERVISES: No one
Responsible for providing financial planning & analysis, accounting, project, and contract operations support for Johnson Controls government contracting entities (Johnson Controls Government Systems, LLC (JCGS), Johnson Controls Federal Systems, Inc. (JCFS) and Johnson Controls Building Automation Systems, LLC. (JCBAS)). This role will work directly with customers and with other divisions within Johnson Control and is an integral team member of the Accounting Department.
1. Prepare financial information and analysis for Johnson Controls government contracting entities, including review, and analysis of budget, forecast, and operating results as they affect the financial position of the business units;
2. Support month-end close activities and the post close balance sheet account reconciliations; responsible for accruals and journal entries;
3. Research and resolve exceptions, discrepancies, and issues and address issues that cause delay in the billing process; work closely with business partners such as MBC, Contracts, Operations and customers; support the cash application task;
4. Support financial operations, including but not limited to, maintaining general ledger, providing support for billed and unbilled analysis on a monthly basis, processing payables that include third-party invoices, inter-company invoices, and wires to the Financing companies, etc.;
5. Serve as a backup for JCFS entities' financial planning & analysis, general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, and/or other financial operations functions as needed;
6. Assist with special projects as assigned;
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
• 8-10 years of experience in general accounting, financial planning & analysis, billing, and other finance/accounting areas in a government contracting environment is required.
• Deltek Costpoint experience is strongly preferred.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, be able to prioritize work and solve problems with little direct supervision.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates interested in this position should apply IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT DELAY. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to fill out your application. If you have any questions, please contact Patrick Higgins by email at email@example.com; however, your resume/CV must be received via the "apply now" button to be considered.
Important information: This position is being recruited for by Adecco's National Recruitment Center, NOT your local Adecco Branch Office. To be considered for this position, use the "apply now" button to submit your resume/CV.
The Adecco Group is a global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Group offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Service/Anniversary Bonus opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.