Provide independent high level technical and general accounting services in accordance withCorporateFinance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley rules and financial reporting requirements (including local GAAP and tax rules) of the business unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES • Support month end process and reconciliations within deadlines and instructions.
• Ensure that accounting records are thoroughly maintained in preparation for independent audits.
• Maintain adequate and current documentation of the systems of internal control.
• Ensure that all processes and decisions are in line with corporateSOPs and local legal requirements.
• Where applicable, ensure appropriate communication with all business partners and support business partners in financial decisions, if required.
• Provide recommendations to improve existing processes and financial systems and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
• Maintain a solid working knowledge of technical accounting skills.
• Participate in or manage Finance related projects as needed.
• Manage timely completion of detailed accounts reconciliation and follow-up/resolving open items for specified tasks.
• May develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting modules (A/R,A/P, Fixed Assets, General Ledger).
• May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior colleagues.
• May assume overall responsibility for small size legal entity or regional tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance modules.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Experience with Hyperion
• Technical accounting skills.
• Good analytical and numeracy skills.
• Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.