It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy. Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
This is an opportunity to join the Derivatives Center of Excellence (DCOE) within the Capital Markets COE, a part of the Controller’s Division. This company-wide COE is responsible for driving improvement and automation of the company’s derivative reporting and netting. This initiative will coordinate with areas throughout the organization including Corporate Controllers, Market Risk, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, and various other Wholesale and non-wholesale groups to improve and transition various activities.
This position will serve as a staff accountant on the reporting team within the COE. Specific responsibilities include:
• Gain a solid understanding of SEC and Regulatory reports, Derivative Systems of Record, and related reference data and how these interact
• Prepare quarterly regulatory reports including FRB, OCC, SEC and any others as required
• Develop and manage managed tables related to reporting requirements
• Assist with acquiring and presenting data support as needed for various audits and exams
• Develop a solid understanding of the Legal Entity Hierarchy, GL, and how that impacts reporting
• Assist with operational and technical issues related to derivatives and reporting
• Work with line of business on new products
• Liaise with Corporate Reg. and SEC Reporting groups as part of change management process
• Ensure all processes are documented in accordance with SOX and G&O requirements
This position offers an excellent chance to learn about and work with multiple derivative products, systems, processes and groups across the organization. The successful candidate will be motivated by a strong desire to learn, to take on new tasks, and a commitment to forge successful partnerships across a wide degree of functions and levels of management. The position must be based in the Ballantyne office, remote candidates will not be considered.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Experience with quarter end reporting cycle
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including familiarity with vlookups, sumifs and pivot tables
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.