Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
As a member of the Corporate and Other (C&O) team, the Associate Accountant position will be responsible for the accurate and timely creation of monthly and quarterly journal entries and ledger reconciliations. This role is also involved in the quarterly legal entity analytics as it relates to the C&O segment. The candidate will also need to be flexible enough to work on different projects assigned to C&O.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly journal entry processing which includes various transactions for MetLife’s Home Office entities, start-up businesses, Allocated Equity/Interest on Allocated Equity and statutory income allocation entries. This would also include the reconciliation and certification of accounts for our legal entities.
- Responsible for processing any wires for Experience Rate Refunds using TWS and booking the associated accounting. Also responsible for the administrative maintenance of HP planning, time tracking and processing of requests for new business units, products and department cost codes.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly GAAP and STAT financial statement analytics for assigned legal entities for both legal entity controller sign-off as well as external audit support. This also includes completing regulatory footnotes and federal filings.
- Prepare and update the monthly metrics to be used by the segment to identify opportunities for improvement and continuously look for opportunities for improvement and take ownership of process improvements to implementation.
- 4 -6 years total financial analysis in a public or private company environment.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Excel required including data manipulation, pivots and macros.
- Knowledge of HFM, Smartview and HP Planning a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance accounting and US STAT a plus
Corporate & Other Controllers
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.