Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position is responsible for the reconciliation of foreign and USD cash for Derivative Cash Settlements group in the Investments department. This also includes processing accounting as it relates to MetLife Inc.’s investments in derivatives and other complex financial instruments for daily settlements. On a monthly basis, the position is responsible for booking GAAP and STAT entries as part of the close process, as well as reconciling accounts to the ledger. Position may lead to preparing files and tables used in GAAP footnotes for Quarterly reporting.
- Cash reconciliation and accounting for multiple derivative instrument types, primarily foreign denominated hedges and futures.
- Perform financial reconciliations for USD and foreign currency, requesting of FX Buys/Sells, Clearing Foreign Cash in USD reconciliation, reporting and performing accounting duties necessary to resolve reconciliation issues.
- The position is responsible for the review of daily, monthly, and quarterly reconciliations related to collateral (OTC and Futures) as well as processing monthly entries for GAAP reporting.
- Work with Data Integrity team to reconcile daily payable/receivable.
- Provide insight and guidance on proposed and futures regulations, such as Dodd-Frank, in terms of Derivatives Cash treatment and compliance.
- Complete audit requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Run reports and queries to track current open items and identify issues.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Math is highly recommended. Advanced Degree is Preferred
- 3-8 years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with financial statements, including balance sheet and income statements.
- Experience with Derivative financial instruments is a plus.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills are necessary and knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus
Derivative Accounting & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.