Cloud Systems Senior Business Analyst Brief Job Description:
The Senior Business Analyst for Cloud Systems would support the Revenue Recognition Organization with processes, functional knowledge and system expertise concerning design, mapping and implementation of the end-to-end processes and data flows for Cloud that impact Oracle's Rev Rec internal operational processes and internal systems, plus, Subscription Plan Management (SPM) system, across all regions and globally. Department Description:
The RevRec Global Operations Organization is tasked with the ownership of all business processes and system solutions related to Revenue Recognition operations and controls. Detailed Job Description:
This is a full-time opportunity managing processes at the largest business software and fastest growing Cloud companies in the world, Oracle Corporation. As the Cloud Systems Senior Business Analyst on the RevRec Operations team, you will evaluate the design and impacts of the Cloud Framework processes and the Cloud system solutions and enhancements, as well as implement end-to-end processes related to Cloud systems for the RevRec organization.
This role has global responsibilities and will act as liaison between other GPO teams and IT, as the Systems Lead for RevRec on the Cloud Framework corporate initiative project. This role will be a key contributor to evaluate the system and operational impacts related to Cloud Framework process changes, product offering changes, system enhancements and acquired company integration, in order to ensure that RevRec key controls and systems will be maintained. This role will document, map and understand all data flow and system requirements related to Cloud systems and processes, propose and design solutions where gaps exist, as well as monitor the fast-paced evolution of system and process changes within the Cloud Framework for the RevRec team on an ongoing basis. This role will assess application controls, bugs, quarter end accruals, etc and design and perform testing related to these areas.
The Cloud Systems Senior Business Analyst calls for a highly skilled individual to work as both an individual contributor and as a collaborative team member providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex involving the application of advanced technical / business skills in areas of specialization. Candidate must possess strong analytical and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups. Strong project management skills and familiarity with Oracle Financials are essential. Candidate should have a good sense of global and regional finance practices, have a strong understanding of systems, be able to prepare and deliver quality presentations, submit regular status updates, make recommendations and raise escalations to management.
Additionally this role will also contribute to the Revenue Management Cloud Services module implementation as an expert for the Cloud systems and processes, as well as other cross functional and internal projects. They will coordinate and review testing, build and scope test plans, implement system enhancement requests, provide production support and lead large-scale project initiatives as part of a team that supports Oracle Finance business units and Oracle IT internal software implementations. This role will need to track project milestones/deliverables and drive projects to completion by targeted deadlines with cross-functional teams. Key functions involve: identifying business requirements, performing critical data analysis and delivering impact assessments. Additional responsibilities include: proactively identifying and managing system and/or process issues, as well as developing policy and procedure documentation. Performs work independently without direct oversight. This role will collaborate regularly with the RevRec policy lead for Cloud to provide systems knowledge and expertise, as well as collaborate with management, team members and business partners. Assigned ad-hoc projects as required.
Initially, the individual hired as Cloud Systems Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the other finance business teams, other GPO teams, and the RevRec Operations Team to gain a solid understanding of the revenue recognition and feeder system processes to perform gap reviews and risk assessments for Cloud Framework and Cloud systems.
- Oracle is headquartered in California and has operations worldwide. Travel is on an as needed basis and may represent approximately 5% of time.
Major responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Corporate and business initiatives, including Cloud Framework initiative
• Critically evaluate systems and processes to identify impacts and gaps to key controls and RevRec systems.
• Propose and design solutions for system and process gaps
• Critically evaluate system bugs and accruals related to bugs.
• Critically evaluate processes and perform analysis to identify efficiencies and cost saving initiatives (simplify, standardize & automate processes)
• Collaborate with finance business teams and other process owners to devise solutions to problems that cross functions, including: accounts receivable, general ledger, sales comp, finance, order management, operations, etc.
• Implementation of system enhancements and evaluating the system to ensure that IT has properly designed and tested the system and it properly interfaces with other key Oracle modules prior to go-live.
• Completion of projects against defined milestones and timelines
• End-to-end system test coordination & review
• Impact Assessments and ROI
• Kick-Off , Project and Status meetings
• Project tracking and reporting of status reports & announcements
• Process documentation for any new processes or systems, mappings of data flows and systems
• Research existing system setups/processes
• Map data flows and systems, monitor and understand changes
• Participate in corporate initiative meetings, UAT meetings, and information sessions with IT to gain a full understanding of the information, issues and bugs
• Enter project requests and requirements in tracking system
• Gain knowledge of US-GAAP & IFRS revenue accounting and Oracle accounting policies, and evaluate and ensure that system and operational processes are in compliance.
• Understand and assess local reporting/accounting requirements and determine what system tools can deliver these, or raise enhancements with IT.
• Evaluate application controls and impact of enhancements on existing controls.
• Evaluate system bugs for revenue impact.
• Evaluate, design and perform testing for accruals related to Cloud.
• Test coordination & review for system enhancements, large project initiatives, Mergers and Acquisitions and ad hoc requests
• Identify & develop/scope business test case scenarios for complex integrations
• Compose test script guidelines and write testing documentation (test plans, expected results, status reports)
• Execute test cases for the system and collaborate cross-functionally for end-to-end system testing
• In-depth data analysis and review of test case results and outputs, raising gaps and bugs as identified
• Create and maintain standard templates, documentation and tools for all testing processes
• Assist and provide top-tier support to the RevRec team with technical or system related items for month-end and quarter-end. May include transactional, process, accrual or reporting related issues.
• Manage production issues, including escalations
• Triage service request concerning issues with the Cloud Framework, SPM or Fusion Revenue Management Module
• Issue tracking, reporting and monitoring
• Documentation of system processes and user training
• Team with the SOX Program Management Office to identify, document and facilitate testing of key controls
• Engagement with management, partners and IT
• Ensure that RevRec operational processes and Oracle revenue policy are followed and adhered to consistently across the globe
• Identify process and system gaps
• Make recommendations for issue resolution
System Enhancement Request Management
• Manage system enhancement service requests received for consideration
• Request additional or missing information on submitted service requests
• Complete requirements gathering
• Present projects to management and make recommendation for Go/No-Go
• Assist in managing the preparation of quarterly project submissions
• End to End ownership of enhancement request from request through implementation including post production activities Preferred Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of finance/accounting/revenue and/or systems experience
- Certified Public Accountant / Chartered Accountant, or MBA a plus
- Experience in working with Oracle's accounting modules or feeder modules and related applications with systems upgrade experience desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and build strong relationships across geographies
- Detail oriented, yet able to identify issues and grasp concepts at a broader level
- Experience in working with the business from a finance perspective at global Fortune 500 enterprises
- Ability to effectively partner with IT to upgrade systems to meet business and audit/SOX control requirements
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 8 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.