JOB TITLE: Accountant, Financial Reporting
Airgas is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
The Accountant - Financial Reporting, works within the Airgas Corporate Financial Reporting Group and closely with Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Tax, Treasury, and other corporate departments. This position plays an integral role in the preparation of internal financial reports, as well as monthly and quarterly reporting to the head office in Paris, France.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly internal reporting package, including, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow information
- Assist with various aspects of the monthly and quarterly close process
- Preparation of journal entries and financial analyses related to insurance reserves and a wide array of other accounting areas
- Assist with internal controls compliance, including the documentation, review and execution of corporate financial reporting and accounting internal controls
- Support and assist external auditors' quarterly review and annual audit processes
- Perform functions related to the company's acquisition accounting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytics over the consolidated financial statements
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting from a four-year university or college required
- 0-2 years of work experience either in public accounting or a similar financial reporting role - recent or fall graduates are welcome to apply
- Systems savvy, with experience utilizing ERP systems and proficient in Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of management at corporate and at the operating unit level
- Self-motivated, proactive individual that is comfortable working both independently and with groups
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common accounting journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries and requests from other departments and external auditors. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively present information to associates, top management and public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is a plus (or desire to pursue in the future). Must possess a valid state driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel a computer keyboard or calculator. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.