This role is responsible for recording standard and less complex transactions for our business partners in the areas of project management and accounting transactions, leads the monthly PO reviews and project spend meetings for select corporate functions. Requires a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the company policies (SPPs, AICs, etc.)
- Records accounting transactions as determined by the OPEX Controlling manager. Ensures all entries are recorded to the appropriate profit/cost centers and account by having a moderate knowledge of the financial hierarchy, SAP and other related financial systems
- Lead the PO review process related to OPEX POs and/or project spend reporting for select functions
- Understand the business to anticipate what accounting treatment would be needed monthly, quarterly etc. Work with OPEX Controlling Manager and Business Finance Director monthly to ensure reporting is accurate
- Set up projects/campaigns for all project related spend
- Lead or participate in operational excellence projects to move the department forward
- End to end process thinking, problem solving, process improvement, collaboration, analytical thinking, accounting (GAAP) knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication required within the department, multiple levels of client management (Finance director, Managers, Peers, etc.)
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
Related Work Experience: 2 - 3 years work experience
Work experience should be in private or public accounting, corporate or public auditing or finance work with strong accounting responsibilities. Strong knowledge of KO budget and accounting processes/policies is also a plus.
- Drives Innovation: Generates new or unique solutions and embraces new ideas that help sustain our business
- Collaborates with System, Customers and other Stakeholders: Develops and leverages relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System.
- Acts Like an Owner: Delivers results, creating value for our brands, our System our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspires Others: Inspires people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrating passion for the business.
- Develops Self and Others: Develops self and supports others' development to achieve full potential.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top