The Accountant I – Mandatory Deposits is a degreed accountant that develops advanced accounting and financial analysis competence and tools to perform diverse and complex tasks in support of the Company’s mandatory deposits and recycling compliance obligations as well as other general accounting processes.
- Recycling Vendor Invoice Management (40%)
- Review and confirm the accuracy and completeness of recycling vendor invoices entered into IMS by Capgemini by recalculating 100% of all line items displaying unit volume and unit price.
- Code, input and validate payment of recycling vendor invoices to ensure timely, accurate, complete payment.
- Research vendor inquiries using historical invoices and SAP reporting.
- Use SAP, FileNet and IMS (Invoice Management System) to extract data and conduct research for financial audit and internal control purposes.
- Prepare pivot tables and reporting of historical data related to the California Redemption Value (CRV) tax on various outlets and customers using data extracted from SAP.
- Maintain a steady line of communication with the accounts receivable team in regards to bottle deposits charged on customer’s invoices.
- Bottle Deposit Return Filing (30%)
- Perform detailed spreadsheet analysis to calculate all relevant line items that must be completed within the respective mandatory returns for each bottle deposit state.
- Execute timely filings of bottle deposit returns to specific bottle deposit states in compliance with the Bottle Bill initiative.
- Complete the monthly transfer of bottle deposits on customer accounts to the deposit liability account for state reporting under Coca-Cola North America.
- Journal Entry and Account Reconciliation (30%)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries to record transactions related to bottle deposits, recycling and redemptions.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all general ledger accounts that contain bottle deposit activity.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for Canadian accounts receivable accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA preferred.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong computer literacy and current information technology awareness, including effective knowledge and use of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, ability to perform extensive and fast data entry on a laptop or standard computer keyboard, and effective knowledge and use of core utilities within the Windows 7 operating system
- Basic competence in Microsoft Excel and Access and aptitude to learn advanced formulas and functions.
- Basic competence to learn and use SAP and aptitude to develop advanced navigational and functional use of SAP
- 1 or more years of general accounting experience coding and recording complex journal entries, performing complex account reconciliations and performing ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, reconciliation and reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work independently or in a matrix team environment
- Flexibility to adjust workload and hours when necessary and to work Saturday of close weekend
- All other duties as assigned
- Team Skills/Collaboration - Works effectively in a team environment and across teams.
- Financial Acumen – Understands and ensures compliance with GAAP, financial reporting and financial accounting systems
- Speaking and Writing - Clearly articulates relevant ideas, opinions, and information
- Thinking Analytically - Analyzes information to provide clear and concise recommendations
- Exercising Judgment - Generates alternatives and assist in selecting the best option
- Project Management/Prioritizing - Ensures the timely completion of designated objectives
- Operational Excellence and Internal Controls – Continually engages in process Improvement and internal controls maintenance
**A credit check is required for this role in Finance
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.