Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports, and coordinates the implementation of accounting control. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepares journal entries for entry into the general ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs and preparing audit train support for the journal entries.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts for accuracy; analyzes accrual accounts to ensure proper accruals.
- Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares monthly combined financial statements and reports. Performs additional analysis for explanatory text required for reports and statement. Coordinates preparation of monthly financial package and reviews for accuracy.
- Participates in monthly financial meetings for discussion and review of monthly financial reports.
- Assists with the preparation of year-end closings. Prepares annual long-term and short-term financial statements in compliance with accounting guidelines and U.S. GAAP. Assists in the preparation of working papers for annual audit.
- Provides guidance to other Finance personnel for proper internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets, updates, and strategic plans assigned areas. Coordinates preparation of monthly combining entries to combine financial results.
- Prepares quarterly consolidation report for consolidation.
- Assists with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Prepares basic financial reports in a timely and accurate manner; and completes individual analytical projects in a satisfactory manner given abstract project guidelines.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No prior work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- General accounting, accounts payable, and/or accounts receivable knowledge required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."