This Accountant I position is designed to build the business and technical knowledge of a staff accountant in the discipline of cost accounting. This position will be responsible for facilitating timely payments to vendors. The position also requires inputting of Goods receipts, maintenance of GRIR (Good Receipt Invoice Receipt) and analysis of open Accounts Payables balances. Timely and effective communication with the different functional areas within the business and IT is critical.
Minimal travel may be required. Primary Responsibilities:
- Monitor and track invoices approvals (via log)
- Coordinate approvals of invoices
- Process Goods Receipts of goods and services
- Reconcile invoice payments issues
- Work with Accounts Payable team to reconcile issues
- Accrue for unprocessed invoices
- Initiate purchase order creations
- Review inputs to verify that data entered is complete and accurate.
- Conduct final check (e.g., check methodology, reasonableness, propriety of information) of financial material prior to distribution.
- Enter voucher in general ledger or corporate finance database using tools such as a manual voucher, Excel voucher, or on-line voucher system to record transaction.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Basic understanding of absorption costing
- Flexibility to adjust work load and hours when necessary
- Excellent analytical skills
- One year or more work experience in accounting field, including internal control, account analysis and reconciliations, and financial statement preparation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; knowledge of advanced Excel functionality and knowledge of Access is preferred.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
APPLY BY UPLOCATING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top