Job ID: 00059723
To be responsible for, under the direction of the Tax Manager, escheatment tax matters for the Company. The scope of responsibility includes escheatment compliance filings, research of technical issues, audit and refund assistance. This position will interact with Shared Services personnel, the Corporate Tax Department, customers, vendors and various taxing authorities to provide assistance and support, as needed. The overall goals of this position are to ensure compliance with assigned escheatment filings and related escheatment laws, to minimize audit payments and exposure issues, to implement process improvements, and to identify, develop and share best practices.
• State Due Diligence, Return Preparation and Filing
• Transactional Research and Analysis, Reconciliation of Open Items, Preparation of Reports, reporting of any discrepancies, issues resolution
• Journal entry preparation
• Coordinate the reimbursement of item to recipients as requested or through due diligence initiatives
• Submit updates to master data customer/vendor as necessary
• Review and resolve discrepancies with tax authorities
• Coordinate with the BPO provider on the timely transfer of aged outstanding AP checks and validate the results accordingly
• Coordinate with other CCR functional areas i.e. Accounts Receivable, Risk Management, and Payroll on timely transfer of aged transactions to the unclaimed property general ledger account for timely reporting
• Participate in the department's strategic planning process for process improvements
• Maintain departmental database systems to manage data flow and tracking
• Provide support for internal and external audit
• Special Projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of general accounting, tax or relevant work experience required.
• SAP R/3 experience preferred
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products; knowledge of advanced Excel functionality and knowledge of Access is preferred.
• Work experience should include extensive knowledge of general accounting principles and practical compliance experience in the tax area. Experience is required in a work environment dealing with large corporate multi-state affairs, preferably in industry, Big 4 or similar surroundings.
• Experience in the beverage industry is a plus.
• Experience with escheatment is a preferred
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Flexibility to adjust work load and hours to meet required deadlines
• Team Skills/Collaboration - Work effectively in a team environment, and across teams where necessary, to develop relationships throughout the Company and to work collaboratively.
• Project Management - Ability to manage multiple projects in a matrix type organization
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.