To be responsible for, under the direction of the Tax Manager, Business License taxes and Permits and local Income tax matters for the Company. The scope of responsibility includes tax return compliance filings, research of technical issues, audit and refund assistance, and resolution of tax discrepancies with taxing authorities. This position will interact with Shared Services personnel, the Corporate Tax Department, the Business Units, and with numerous taxing authorities and provide assistance and support, as needed. The overall goals of this position are to ensure compliance with assigned tax returns and related tax laws, to develop and implement strategies to minimize and reduce the overall tax burden of the Company, to minimize audit payments and exposure issues, to implement process improvements, and to identify, develop and share best practices.
- Return preparation and the timely filing and payment of assigned tax for the Company's North American operations and assigned Independent Bottlers.
- Maintain a tax calendar with due dates and payment information for all assigned areas
- Provide documentation and assistance on jurisdictional audits
- Prepare account analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations for month-end general accounting close.
- Provide technical assistance and support to Shared Services personnel (AP, GL, Fixed Assets, etc.) and the Company as appropriate on all assigned tax and business license issues, conduct any necessary research, make suggestions and recommendations and coordinate as appropriate to implement.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
- Identify best practices and procedures and develop recommendations for Shared Services and business operating units to minimize their tax burden and to improve the compliance process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Standard Accounting Manual, and other Company policies and procedures.
- Review and revise compliance process as necessary to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years of general accounting, tax or relevant work experience required.
- SAP R/3 experience preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; knowledge of advanced Excel functionality and knowledge of Access is preferred.
- Work experience should include extensive knowledge of general accounting principles and practical compliance experience in the tax area. Experience is required in a work environment dealing with large corporate multi-state affairs, preferably in industry, Big 4 or similar surroundings. Customer Service is key to the Shared Services Environment.
- Experience in the beverage industry is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexibility to adjust work load and hours to meet required deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Team Skills/Collaboration - Work effectively in a team environment, and across teams where necessary, to develop relationships throughout the Company and to work collaboratively.
- Project Management - Ability to manage multiple projects in a matrix type organization
- Prioritization - Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, handle time pressures, and ensure the timely completion of designated objectives.
- Speaking and Writing - Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization, to clearly articulate relevant ideas, opinions and information
- Analytical Skills- Ability to analyze information and provide clear and concise recommendations.
- Exercising Judgment -Ability to formulate alternatives and select the best course of action.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.