Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Purpose of Job
The GRC Internal Controls Analyst
is a professional role within the Global Accounting and Services organization responsible for driving internal controls awareness, knowledge, and compliance throughout the Company by contributing to the development and execution of department initiatives. This role will interact with leaders throughout the organization especially in the IT and GRC space, external auditors and internal auditors while driving new ideas and approaches based on industry best practices as well as creating synergies by providing reliable data around testing coverage, results and sustainability. The position is suited to driven, curious individuals who are able to work independently and lead mid - large size projects. Reports to:
This position reports to the Global Internal Controls Leader.Job Responsibilities
- Lead the overall assessment of the effectiveness of the control environment on a quarterly and annual basis to verify the control infrastructure in place is effective over financial reporting; this includes but is not limited to:
- Evaluation of internal controls to assess the quality of performance, determine if the controls are operating as intended and modification of the controls to meet the company's needs.
- Analytical work associated with understanding root cause of the exceptions and conclusion on the impact to the control environment.
- Lead the management testing efforts to ensure proper testing coverage of controls for the fiscal year, this includes but is not limited to:
- Oversight and support of management testing resources for centralized testing.
- Complete pre-management testing analytics including the evaluation of scoping and coverage.
- Review management testing results for accuracy and completeness.
- Drive internal control awareness, knowledge, compliance and excellence throughout the company to ensure 100% internal control compliance; this includes but is not limited to:
- Partner with Manufacturing and Regional Finance Leaders to ensure controls are understood, and implemented accordingly within the various regions.
- Build relationships with subject matter experts in Finance, Accounting and Information Systems to ensure changes to the internal controls over financial reporting properly mitigate risks in an efficient manner.
- Drive the team to address/resolve issues as they arise and assess root cause.
- Lead/Participate in cross functional teams to address internal/external audit results and continuously improve processes and controls.
- Administration of the company's continuous control monitoring tool (SAP GRC - Process Control)
- Create and maintain insightful continuous control monitor rules to prevent or detect risks
- Partner with IT to build strong continuous control monitoring rules in SAP GRC Process Control
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressive finance, accounting or internal controls experience required
- Experience in a multi-national corporation in a corporate setting desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- SAP GRC Process Control and Access Control experience preferred
- Change leadership experience and/or complex project leadership experience preferred
- Strong accounting and business acumen
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills with the ability to identify trends in data and drive to root cause is required
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast-paced and dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with colleagues across various geographies
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective problem solver
About Owens Corning
- Goal oriented / Edge - Strives toward goals with decisiveness and determination. Demonstrates courage to take risks, demands excellence and drives for results with speed. Faces into conflict, interacts with candor and addresses challenges with urgency.
- Integrity - Can be trusted to maintain financial integrity to the corporation, employees and shareholders.
- Creativity - Strives for continuous and breakthrough improvement in business process and results; sets and encourages others to set continually higher goals; strives to achieve a best-practice approach; and takes and encourages others to take stands
- Decision Making - Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Elevates Performance - Accepts responsibility for outcomes of one's work; admits and learns from mistakes; refocuses efforts when appropriate
- Self Knowledge - Continually assesses and appreciates the impact of own behavior upon others and the environment; and adjusts behavior based upon understanding of own impact and desired outcomes.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.