The Senior Accountant performs general ledger accounting functions for the RTR Marketing Contracts Team on prepaid and liability accounts for all regions/functional areas of Coca-Cola Refreshments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Review work performed by Staff Accountants such as balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, new contract setups, contract payment proposals, and contract amortization.
- Assist with answering questions and resolving issues for the contract analysts and account managers which could involve researching payment statuses and performing analytical projects.
- Compiles the monthly and quarterly financial and SOX related reporting.
- Prepare schedules and corresponding backup requested by Ernst & Young, Internal Controls, and/or the Corporate Audit department during interim and year-end audits.
- Participate in ad-hoc reporting/projects as requested relating to marketing contracts.
- Ensure all financial data is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP, the Standard Accounting Manual, and all Coca Cola policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years experience as a Staff Accountant required and 1-2 years experience as a Senior Accountant preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel required
- SAP work experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexibility to adjust to work load and hours when necessary.
- Team Skills/Collaboration - Work effectively in a team environment and across teams where necessary
- Thinking Analytically - Analyze information to provide clear and concise recommendations
- Exercising Judgment - Generate alternatives and assist in selecting the best option
- Project Management/Prioritizing - Ensure the timely completion of designated objectives
- Speaking and Writing - Clearly articulate relevant ideas, opinions and information
- Development of Others - Provide coaching, feedback, and development of others
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.