Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Apply comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Work with consultants, auditors, and others to analyze and provide information on operational, reporting, or system impact related to policy changes and new products. Contribute to special projects. May train staff.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA or CPA in progress strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of securities and securities accounting preferred.
- Previous public accounting experience or accounting operations experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Previous experience with activities relating to accounting transactions, validating account reconciliations and analyzing financial information.
- Demonstrated experience with resolving issues and exceptions in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline and automate.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.